A recent study found that not exercising regularly carries with it a risk similar to that of smoking two packs of cigarettes a day. And yet, another study shows that only about 10% of Americans are getting the exercise that is recommended. In our modern world,...
What is Oxidative Stress? We live with it every day. It’s the process that occurs simply be virtue of being alive and needing energy to move and keep ourselves going. Oxidative stress is what happens when our body makes energy, creating free radicals that the...
Exercise Demystified – A Brilliant Life Playshop Get ready! There will be a Brilliant Life Playshop coming to Brilliant Life Chiropractic in Tacoma. It will be next Wednesday, the 28th, at 7:00 pm. The address is 708 Broadway, in Tacoma, in suite 170. There is a...
Information bombards us daily. New dietary studies are published in the news on the regular basis. Yet they serve only to confuse us by offering contradictory information. The USDA publishes their food pyramid which was not designed by using science. It came about...
Exercise. For years it has been said that if you want to lose weight and be healthy, you need to exercise. If you talk to twenty people about what kind of exercise you should do, you’ll get twenty different responses. Even if the quest is just to lose weight....
At this time, Chiropractors are recognized federally as being essential healthcare workers. We offer a way to help people in pain stay out of the urgent care centers and emergency rooms that could become overcrowded right now. That’s always a good thing!
During the two weeks we were closed to all but emergency patients, we’ve changed our procedures to ensure physical distancing in our community and are implementing the following precautionary measures.
1) The doctors will be seeing only one person at a time for shorter appointment times.
2) Families may come together.
3) We will be disinfecting the tables between each and every appointment.
4) We will be cleaning the office on an hourly basis, including commonly touched areas like handles and table tops.
5) DO NOT come to the office if you are experiencing (or have experienced up to 5 days prior to the day of) a fever, cough, have difficulty breathing, or have come into contact with someone who tested positive for corona virus.
6) PLEASE arrive ON TIME for your appointment. Given the shortened appointment times, we have even less flexibility than we would otherwise, and if you are five minutes late, we may have to reschedule.
7) Masks are available upon request.
8) Every patient must fill out a quick survey regarding their status before each and every appointment. It will be sent by email the day of your appointment.
9) We will be taking the temperature of every patient during every appointment.
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult and constantly changing times. If you would prefer to stay home during this time, we totally understand. Please feel free to contact the office at 253-383-0577 if you have any questions or concerns.
For information about how to keep yourself healthy during this time, click here.