Tacoma, WA 98402
Tacoma, WA 98402
Where are you located?
- We are located on Antique Row, on Broadway in downtown Tacoma. The address is 708 Broadway, and the suite number is 403, the 4th floor. Once exiting the stairs or elevator, go to the far right corner of the building.
How is parking?
- You can park right out in front of the building where it is pay to park at $1.00 per hour up to 2 hours.
- You can also park one block up towards 6th Ave for up to 2 hours for free.
- Please give adequate time to find parking, as it can sometimes get crowded during lunch and dinner time.
How long will the first visit take?
- The first visit is a requirement for all practice members and includes the consultation and history, and the exam, which includes a neurological assessment, physical exam, report of findings, orthopedic tests, range of motion assessment, and suggestion for care. It takes about an hour.
Will it hurt?
- Our approach is extremely gentle. There should be very little to no discomfort, except occasionally during times of acute or chronic inflammatory conditions, and then rarely. If you do experience anything like that, please let us know!
Is it safe for my kids?
- Not only is it safe for kids, it’s one of the best things to do for them to keep them developing properly. They undergo far more developmental stress than most adults. Keeping them functioning optimally allows their brilliance to shine all the more brightly. Let them realize their true potential.
Do you do that cracking thing?
- We utilize a framework of understanding the body known as Bio Geometric Integration (BGI). This allows us to use a variety of different types of adjustments in a completely integrated way, including light touch, drop table, and yes, those more dynamic ones most people are familiar with.
- Sometimes those adjustments are the best thing, and sometimes they are not.
- We pride ourselves on our gentle approach, delivering each adjustment with compassion, honoring the body above all else.
If I’m not in pain, can I still benefit from Chiropractic?
- Absolutely! We like to say, “You don’t have to feel bad to feel better.”
- Pain is what we experience when we’ve entered a crisis phase in the body. With regards to stress, the first thing we experience is slightly less than optimal function, which may or may not be noticed. This state is known as dis-ease, or a lack of ease. If left unchecked, it can become disease, which produces pain or other symptoms. Getting adjusted only when you have pain means you are moving back and forth between dis-ease and disease, and never actually reaching a state of ease, or optimal function.
Do you take X-Rays?
- While we can refer out for x-rays as needed, our general practice is that we don’t use x-ray in our exam to determine your care. There are many reasons for this, primarily being that we focus on the nervous system as your physiological control center. You can read more about why we practice this way here.
What insurance plans do you accept?
- Since you are ultimately responsible for any charges incurred in the office, we encourage you to contact your insurance provider and look up your own benefits to ensure coverage. We are considered in network with the following plans:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- First Choice Health
- Group Health
In addition, we are happy to work with you in your car accident PIP or 3rd party claims as well as L&I.
What are your cash rates?
- Our pay at time of service discounts are $150 for an initial exam, and $60 per adjustment after that.
- We also offer ways to save money by purchasing a package of adjustments ahead of time or a monthly plan for yourself or your family that will save even more money. Our commitment is that you get the care you need.
Mon: 9:00am-12:00pm, 2:00pm-6:00pm
Tue: 10:00am-12:00pm, 2:00pm-6:00pm
Wed: 8:00am-11:30am, 3:00pm-6:30pm
Thu: 10:00am-12:00pm, 2:00pm-6:00pm
Fri: 9:00am-12:00pm, 2:00pm-6:00pm
Sat: 9:00am-1:00pm (every other Sat.)
© Brilliant Life Chiropractic, Tacoma Chiropractor Dr. Paul Martin, D.C.